Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New Sigma Brushes and EOTD!

Hey everyone! I finally purchased the last two brushes I thought were missing from my brush collection: a dense kabuki for liquid foundation, and a tapered blending brush for eyeshadow. I was debating between which brush companies to buy from, so I did some research and finally settled on Sigma... Best. Decision. Ever.

I'm sure you all know tons about Sigma, but I want to quickly stress the quality of these brushes. I've shelled out $50+ on individual MAC brushes, and now I see how ridiculous that was. Sigma brushes are extremely comparable to my MAC brushes, and only a fraction of the cost.

F84 Angled Kabuki: This is a very dense angle kabuki brush that I use for liquid foundation. It applies makeup like a dream. Because the brush is so dense, the makeup won't seep in the bottom/brown part of the brush, making it easier to clean as well. I chose the angled kabuki as opposed to the round or flat top one because I thought it would be easier to manipulate around my face. I feel like the round or flat top one would be more suited for powders, but that's just my opinion. One thing to keep in mind about this brush is that it MUST be spot-cleaned in between washes, otherwise the foundation will dry onto the bristles and leave your makeup streaky.

E40 Tapered Blending: I have literally heard every beauty guru rave about this brush, and now I know why. It's the fluffiest brush I have ever owned and it makes blending SO easy. With a light hand, I gently swipe the edges of my eyeshadow a few times, and voila. All blended. I don't have to sit there for 5 minutes trying to smoke out my eyeshadow anymore. A few swipes with this brush and the job is done.

I apologize for not getting better pictures lol but as you can see, it blends all my dark shadows extremely well.

If you would like to purchase the brushes I talked about, I'm going to leave the links below. Again, I can't recommend these brushes enough!

Angled Kabuki Brush: http://www.sigmabeauty.com/Sigma_Angled_Top_Synthetic_Kabuki_F84_p/f84.htm?Click=326250

Tapered Blending Brush: http://www.sigmabeauty.com/product_p/e40.htm?Click=326250

Or if you just want to browse their website: http://www.sigmabeauty.com/?Click=326250

Also, from now until October 31st, Sigma is giving purchases of $30+ this exclusive gift: their brow powder in the shade Scarlett. If you were eyeing their brow design kit, this is a great way to sample it.


Let me know what you guys think of Sigma brushes in the comments below! Would you be interested in trying them out?

No comments:

Post a Comment