1) Pick out your favorite pink food, makeup, fashion, and random item.
2) Spread the message about breast cancer to a female friend/family in your life - the awareness, the symptoms, the checks, the healthy foods that helps prevent the disease... anything or everything! (I found this website that is a good place to start. Links to many helpful reads and resources)
3) Write a blog post about 1 & 2, linking back to this post
4) Tag 3 of your blogger girlfriends to do the same
I do not directly know anyone affected by breast cancer, but I've been involved in breast cancer awareness from an early age. Each year my all-girls high school would team up with other all-girls schools in the area for Girls For the Cure, a walk to raise awareness about the disease and gather donations for breast cancer research. While I'm not an expert on the topic, I will mention that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime (source). When I started doing Girls For the Cure at 13 years old (6 years ago), the statistic was 1 in 3, so there have been advancements in breast cancer research, which is amazing, but the disease is still prevalent.
- Random: This Kitchen Aid mixer. I've been super into cooking lately and I would really like to invest in a proper mixer. If you go to this website you can take a quiz to find out which color mixer matches your personality. I got Almond Cream, but I think this pink one is way cuter!
- Fashion: The only pink fashion item I own is this pink beanie from Forever 21 that I bought last year. I'm so upset because I can't find it anywhere! This is the only picture I have of me wearing it. LOL.
- Food: Cotton candy, of course! Not much to say here!
- Makeup: I've been lusting after this Chanel lipstick in the color "Boy" for a long time now, especially since Fleur de Force has recommended it.
I'm a little late in doing the tag because I was having a bit of trouble thinking of my responses, and unfortunately we're nearing the end of the month BUT I tag any blogger who reads this because it's for a worthwhile cause, and it's fun :)