Tuesday, December 18, 2012

High-End Mascara Sampling

Hey everyone! As you may recall, back in October I attended a VIP day at Pharmaprix and managed to pick up this awesome mascara sampler. The concept is that you test out these deluxe samples, and trade in the one you want for a full size. I was having trouble deciding which one I liked, so I decided to set up a poll here on my blog so you could help me choose!

A few things before I start: I tried my best to get helpful pictures so I hope they're clear enough. And I have to apologize, my eyebrows got a little unruly throughout the whole process lol. Also I should mention that I curled my eyelashes before applying each mascara.

I'll try to keep my comments to a minimum because I really would like you to choose based on the photos. Here goes!

This is a photo of the set I took back in October



I think my favorite part about this one is the amazing packaging. It just looks so luxurious. And lately I've been a fan of mascaras that are tailored to the eye shape, and this one has a precision tip so you can really grab the inner and outer lashes.






This mascara is extremely lengthening, as you can see. I have to say this is my least favorite wand out of the bunch. It's really clumpy and messy-looking.




There's a lot of hype about this mascara in the beauty world, and I can definitely see why. The mascara is very lengthening but it makes the lashes seem very natural. My only gripe is the wand. It's huge! It takes up the whole sample bottle!



This is the first mascara of the bunch that has a thinner wand, which is nice.



Like the Benefit BAGgal, this one also has an obnoxiously large wand. The effect is also similar: very natural-looking, fluffy and lengthened.


This is the only mascara with a plastic wand. This is the one that bunched up my lashes the most, so consequently I'd say it's the least volumizing (as you can see the lashes look sparse).



Here's the final mascara! This one, by far, has the oddest shaped wand. It's actually conical lol. It did a decent job overall.




Now, head to the right of this post and pick a mascara in the poll in the sidebar. Please pick your favorite mascara of the bunch, and feel free to leave your comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Casting my vote!

    Mainlymeghan.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted when I read it the first time!

    ReplyDelete