Friday, January 25, 2013

REVIEW: Stila One Step Corrector

Hey everyone! Today I bring to you guys my first ever product review! I purchased this product last year so I've been able to test it out for a long time and give you a well-rounded opinion. As you can see from my photo below, I've used quite a bit of it (at least half, I'd say).

PS. How rad do my nails look?
I had my makeup done at a Stila counter one day and the makeup artist used this on my face and it felt refreshing and nice. And then, of course, the presentation & packaging of the product is what sold me. How cool does it look?! It's meant to look like a strand of DNA, I guess, and each color is meant to do something different for your skin. Also, it has a really sturdy pump dispenser that definitely comes in handy.

Green: Minimizes redness. It does a pretty good job at minimizing redness but I do have a small problem with it. I only have redness on certain parts of my face but because the product pumps out as 3-in-1, I can't concentrate it on those areas specifically. I have to say the design is a bit of a flaw in this case. I've previously used the Makeup Forever HD Primer in the blue tone to eliminate redness and it works way better.

Lavender: Counteracts sallow undertones. That means it masks unhealthy yellow tones. To be honest I had no idea what "sallow" meant until now, so I can't really tell you guys if this worked because I wasn't looking out for it... LOL. I'll try to notice it next time and edit this post when I do.

Peach: Brightens, illuminates, and helps diminish the appearance of sun spots. I'd definitely say this part of the concoction works. I do find the product very brightening.

It does look a little green-cast in the third frame, but that's because I used a whole pump on a tiny surface area. The product would be evenly spread on your entire face so you don't have to worry about looking Grinch-like.


Diminishes the look of fine lines & wrinkles: I don't really have fine lines/wrinkles so I can't really vouch for this one. Sorry.

Minimizes pores: I have massive pores and I don't think this product really masked them whatsoever. I don't think it's thick enough to actually do this well. Again, I'd need a product that could be concentrated on the pores (i.e. not spread out over my entire face) to properly minimize pores.

Hydrates & Balances: This is actually one of the components that drew me into buying this. It eliminates having to use a moisturizer in the morning! I have to say this aspect of the product also really works.

Controls oil: Hmm, well, I wear my makeup all day and I definitely come home to some oil build-up when I use this. I can't say it completely controls oil throughout the entire day, but it does the job for a good portion of it.

The product is also meant to be used as a makeup primer so I'd like to address that for a little. Once the product dries into your skin it changes in consistency. If you take a look at the third panel in the above photo, you will see that it looks very wet. When it absorbs, it becomes a little tacky, and it gives your foundation a base to hold on to. It also creates a barrier between your skin and the makeup, which can be very beneficial if you have sensitive skin.

VERDICT: It's a nice product to own, but for the price ($47 - damn), it's a bit unnecessary. I'd say only about 3 of the billion "benefits" of this product are actually noticeable.

Have you tried this product? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment